Start a new topic

EngineHosting and shared hosting

With a rash of server issues lately, we are looking to implement a better backup solution for old and new client sites. I think using your backup plugin and backing up to Amazon S3 automatically using CRON is the best solution. The majority of our client sites are on EngineHosting, either shared or VPS. Is there anything we need to look out for on the hosting side? I also have no experience with CRON jobs so I'm not sure how much work there is getting that side of things to work. I'll probably test the whole process out on one site and if it works well try and implement it on all sites. Thanks for any info!

Thanks, I'll probably purchase for one site soon and if everything works, implement on other sites.

Hi Mike,

Nope, there shouldn't be any issue with EngineHosting servers specifically though a shared plan is always concerning depending on how much data you're trying to backup. As I'm sure you know, the server specs on shared hosting can sometimes be conservative so, for a tool that can take take a while to complete a process (creating compressed archive files take as much time as the files it's trying to compress require) this can sometimes be an issue. But, through configuration it has yet to be a deal breaker.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Eric

Login or Signup to post a comment